The AFA Partners in Care: Supporting Individuals Living with Dementia DVD program is the newest training and certification DCPA. Dynamic, practical, and accessible, this program has been designed to prepare all levels of professionals across sectors to feel comfortable and confident working with individuals living with dementia and their families. Trainees have the opportunity to pursue distinction as an AFA Certified Dementia Care Partner by completing an examination after viewing the training program.
Training program viewable with Spanish subtitles!
- Building relationships
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia basics
- Effective communication
- Understanding behaviors as communication
- Facilitating personal care
- Promoting safety and security
- Easing care transitions
- Supporting individuals during death and dying
- The importance of professional self-care
The video is conveyed through a modular format and features perspectives and insights from renowned dementia care leaders and professionals, as well as families and individuals living with dementia.
This training program is approved for 6 Continuing Education Contact Hours for licensed social workers by the National Association of Social Workers and the NY State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work. Contact hours will be awarded following successful completion of the AFA Partners in Care training program and AFA Dementia Care Partner certification examination.
- This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886446769-3742) for 5.5 Social Work-Pain and Symptom Management continuing education contact hours.
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0222.
DCPA offers a variety of purchase options for the AFA Partners in Care DVD program, including discounts for AFA member organizations and students:
- Individual – Non-AFA member: $195
- Individual – AFA member: $165.75
- Individual – Student: $175.50
- Group – Non-AFA member: $195 first trainee, $95 each additional trainee
- Group – AFA member: $165.75 first trainee, $95 each additional trainee
- Group – Student: $175.50 first trainee, $95 each additional trainee
View the video trailer below!